Friday, July 24, 2009

ELIZABETH LADY OF LEBANON


oil on canvas , 24x30
It is a portrait of my daughter Elizabeth with the flowered patterned dress and background which can be seen in most of my paintings
In the back are shown some houses of Lebanon with the traditional Venitian arcades which can be seen in all the old homes of Lebanon where I spent 15 years of my life and went to college. We used to go in all those old villages and take pictures and measurements of the old houses for our architectural projects. This was before the civil war started in a Lebanon that was smiling and friendly to strangers. Elizabeth was born here. She is a first born immigrant in the Sawaf family. In her blood still runs the blood of a woman of syrian- lebanese descent
I would like to get commissions for portraits
For more information of my work and myself check my website at www.marilene-sawaf.com

No comments: